PREP: 15 m
COOK: 3 h
TOTAL: 3h 15m
1. Spritz a rectangular baking dish (about 8- by 12-inch) with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Shred or chop the chicken. (Note: Use a mixture of the white and dark meat, preferably chilled. If needed, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Makes 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken.) Stir together the chicken, marinara sauce, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Stir together the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and chicken broth in a medium bowl.
4. Into the baking dish, spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture; top with 3 of the noodles; then spread with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat. Then spread with remaining chicken mixture and dollop with remaining cheese mixture. (Note: If necessary, gently break apart one of the noodles for each layer to fit.)
5. Fully cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (from top to bottom and bottom to top) and freeze.
6. To enjoy, keep well wrapped with foil and bake the frozen lasagna in a 375°F oven until heated through, about 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove foil, place a sheet pan or large sheet of foil on bottom rack to catch any drippings, and bake lasagna on middle rack until fully cooked, about 30 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. (Hint: If desired, sprinkle with dried hot pepper flakes and/or fresh basil leaves at the table. Serve with a salad.)